Things you can do in Early Childhood Education:
Day Care Center, Pre-School Teacher, head Start Programs, Montessori Schools, Child Development Organizations
Recommended SFL Emphasis: Human Development
Recommended elective courses: Note: This major has a heavy credit load that does not allow much room for elective courses.
- SFL 221 Foundations of Developmentally Appropriate Practices in Programs for Young Children
- SFL 222 Practicum in Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- SFL 240 Parenting and Child Guidance
- SFL 352 Cognitive Development
- SFL 355 Language Development
- SFL 449 Biological Foundations of Human Development
- SFL 453 Moral Development
- SFL 420 Administering Programs for Young Children
- ECE 323 Integrated Curriculum in Programs for Young Children
MS required? No.
Ph.D. required? No.
Alumni Spotlight: Debbie Hema (Child-Life Specialist)